1. what did you do in 2011 that you had never done before?
i drove to l.a. just to see jay nash play. and i would do it again in a heartbeat. i lov-uh him.
2. did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for the next year?
of the eleven resolutions that i committed to last year, i feel that i was successful on five of them. i feel like i did an okay job on three of them. i completely bombed on the last three. such is life, i guess. it gives me something to work on this year.
3. did anyone close to you give birth?
my closest friend at work had a baby boy in the spring. and my baby sister had a baby girl at the end of august.
4. did anyone close to you die?
on of my grandma's sisters died. i wasn't close to her, but my grandma was. obviously. i know there were other people, but i can't think of any.
5. what places did you visit?
i visited las vegas and southern california. i went to l.a. to visit my friend jaime and to see jay nash. i also went on family vacation to newport beach, ca. it was a good time. and then i went to vegas three times. also, there were lots of trip to the salt lake valley to visit my sister and her family.
6. what would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
better health. i feel like i was much more sick this last year than i have been in a long time. i would also like to have some stability...or rather, what i view as stability. sometimes i feel like it could all get swept out from under me. i don't know what it means. i know that is a weird thing to say, but sometimes i feel like my jobs and where i live are temporary. i mean, i hope my living situation is temporary. but feeling that my jobs are temporary is a little unnerving...especially since i'm the awesomest person that works there. hahaha.
7. what dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
seeing jay nash at hotel cafe with jaime. the week family vay-cay in so.cal. vegas with adriane to see tfdi. and all the concerts i saw.
8. what was your biggest achievement of the year?
i'm not gonna lie...my homemade christmas was a pretty gigantic achievement. i was pretty excited about that one.
9. what was your biggest failure?
the fact that the three resolutions that i didn't achieve were the most important to me. i obviously need to reevaluate how i can make those happen. and then i need to work on them again this year. it will be done.
10. did you suffer illness or injury?
yes...so many colds. and stomach flues. i am such a baby.
11. what was the best thing you bought?
i wouldn't necessarily say i bought one thing that was the best thing...i would say that it was a culmination of things...all my crafty things were my best purchases.
12. whose behavior merited celebration?
i think i am going to have to ditto my answer from two years ago. there are many people in my life, both personally and professionally, that deserve to be celebrated. and the reasons vary from personal to professional. there are also a couple of teens moms that proved the stereotypes wrong and they need to be celebrated, too.
13. whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
again, i can say that there were people both personally and professionally that surprised me. while this list is not long, it is still disappointing. and maybe at times disturbing, but i try not to focus on it.
14. where did most of your money go?
gosh...if i knew the answer to that i'd be a lot better off. bills mostly, i guess. and crafting. and concerts. one of my goals for this year is to budget much better than i have been. i'll keep ya posted. if you have any tips, i am all for tips.
15. what did you get really, really, really excited about?
there were a few things that i was excited for...mostly shows...concerts...also the family vacation was exciting. mostly anytime i got to spend with friends and family.
16. what song will always remind you of 2011?
till i get through by jay nash. when i stop running by tfdi. girls gather round by the milk carton kids.
17. compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
eh...probably the same. maybe a little happier.
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
18. what do you wish you’d done more of?
i wish i would have spent way more time out of doors. i need some serious camping gear. i am hell-bent on going camping this year...it will happen.
19. what do you wish you’d done less of?
less procrastinating. and doubting myself. i wish i could always remember that i am capable.
20. how did you spend Christmas in 2011?
i worked christmas morning and then spend the few days after christmas with my sisters and their families at my oldest sisters home. it was a blasty-blast. i always love spending time with them.
21. did you fall in love in 2011?
nope. can't say that i did. except for, i did fall in love with crafting. but that's not what they were asking.
22. what was your favorite TV program?
there were way too many...i would say justified, sons of anarchy and burn notice. i also became obsessed with the national geographic channel...nat geo...i'm a big fan of border wars.
23. what did you do for your birthday in 2011?
oh...i worked. birthdays are a little overrated these days. this year is a big one and i'm not psyched for it at all. not at all.
24. what was the best book you read?
one of my resolutions from last year was to read more and while i did do that, i can't really remember any as being the best. i really did like the girl with a dragon tattoo series...i read all three. i have some classics on my list for this year, so this question will be better answered next year.
25. what did you want and get?
i wanted to feel more at home where i am and i think that happened. as far as material things...nothing.
26. what did you want and not get?
there isn't enough time.
27. what was your favorite film of this year?
i really, really liked crazy, stupid, love. i would peg that as my favorite for the year.
28. did you make some new friends this year?
i'm always making new friends. maybe not so much that i made new friends, but i really worked on the relationships that i already had. i also let some slide, but i think that is to be expected.
29. what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
if i would have won the lottery. problem is that you have to play the lottery to win the lottery...maybe i will learn how to play the lottery this year. not.
30. how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
i don't have one. for real.
31. what kept you sane?
my family. and friends. and crafting.
32. which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
i really like that cute little emma stone. she was my favorite in crazy, stupid, love. i really like her.
33. what political issue stirred you the most?
i steered clear of politics this year. i figured that i would get enough of it this year, i couldn't force myself to get into it last year.
34. who did you miss?
my mommy. and my daddy. mostly my family. and jaime.
35. tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
i learned that you have to keep on keepin' on.
how was your year?
anything noteworthy to discuss?
anything noteworthy to discuss?