yeah, it's me.
i know, i know. it has been awhile. a long, long while. i have posted here and there. and of course the birthday baby pictures. i have thought of posting a lot of things. and then the idea of posting so many things became overwhelming. and then my computer crashed and i didn't have one for over a year. and then i just lost the desire. and then one day i read some of the things i have written and i laughed. and i remembered how much i loved to write. and i kind of think i am funny sometimes. and then some time passed. and then i forgot that i loved to write. and then i remembered again.
and here we are.
there are a bazillion things i could write about. things like music and friends and family and work and life. and while i was thinking all of those things, i told myself to breathe and slow down. i think that the idea of everything i could share is what overwhelms me to the point that i don't write at all. so, for today i will just share the random thoughts i have had over the past few days. two days that i spent sick and home from work and two days that were my days off, one of which was spent recovering...somewhat.
and, of course, it will be in bullet list form...because we all know how much i love bullet lists.
- calling into work sick makes me super, freaking nervous. i have a fear that they will tell me to suck it up and i will have to go to work anyway. then i get self conscious about them thinking that i'm not really sick and that i have to make sure i make myself sound way more sick than i am so they don't tell me to suck it up and go to work.
- and considering how rough calling into work for one day is, having to call into work a second day is cause for a xanax prescription. just saying.
- my greatest accomplishment yesterday was showering. and when i thought about all the things that i should have or maybe could have done, i ended the thought with, "well, at least i showered." and i instantly felt accomplished. i hate being sick and the aftermath.
- my upstairs neighbors are ridiculous. they are loud. especially when they are doing things that neighbors don't want to hear. and i hate it. but it's not really something that you can knock on their door and talk to them about. so, i listen to music, loudly, at random times...because they are random. and ridiculous.
- over the last four days, i have completely cleared out my dvr. you don't want to know how much was on there because you will then know how much i watched. just know, it was a lot. like, a lot a lot. and i enjoyed it. but especially the accomplishment of clearing it out. but now i have nothing to watch. stupid being sick. and having nothing else to do.
- i'm super excited to spend the thanksgiving holiday with my family. and thankfully, i got being sick out of the way before thanksgiving. two years ago, with the whole fam, i got super sick and it sucked. i don't want that to happen again. yuck.
i mean, i know there were way more thoughts, but those were the ones at the forefront of my mind. it's all good. i hope you are all well and that you have a very happy thanksgiving. and hopefully, i will remember that i like to write and i will post again soon. don't hold your breath, though.
what are your thanksgiving plans?
do you have any fun traditions?
do you have any fun traditions?