i borrowed this from a friend's blog. (and she borrowed it from another, so i felt it was fair game.) i do realize that the middle of february isn't a typical time to ring in a new year with a review of the past year, but in an attempt to blog more, i'm doing this. i know you won't mind.
1. what did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
i worked two jobs at the same time.
2. did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for the next year?
nope. i mean, to be fair, i don't really make new year's resolutions so there weren't really any to keep. i did announce that i wanted to blog more this year...so there is that. oh, and i want to camp more this year (you see, going just once would be more than last year, so that'll be easy to achieve). and i made a couple of more resolutions that i am keeping to myself. maybe, if they turn out well, i will share in my review of 2010.
3. did anyone close to you give birth?
yes, there were a few, but these two were the closest to me: my sister julie gave birth to baby will and my friend lindsey had baby cael.
4. did anyone close to you die?
my cousin/uncle steve.
5. what places did you visit?
my parents in vegas. my sister in slc, a lot.
6. what would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
a little peace in my heart. that'd be nice.
7. what dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
i don't really think that there are any that are "etched." there are many memories of events and such, but i don't and won't remember any specific dates.
8. what was your biggest achievement of the year?
hmmm...i'm not sure that i achieved anything specific. i mean, i survived the year which is a sort of achievement. i'm sure that counts.
9. what was your biggest failure?
oh man. there are way too many of these to list. way too many.
10. did you suffer illness or injury?
just lots of dumb colds. oh, and the flu a couple of times. yay.
11. what was the best thing you bought?
ummm...probably music. i bought some of the best music i have ever heard in 2009. i discovered some amazing musicians in 2009. yeah...music. best thing i bought.
12. whose behavior merited celebration?
there are people that i know in my own life, both personally and professionally, that could be celebrated. but the specifics are vague and/or complicated. but know that there were many.
13. whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
again, there are several people, both professionally and personally, whose behavior has appalled me. luckily, this list is much shorter than the list of 12.
14. where did most of your money go?
oh, geez...who knows. i'm still trying to figure that out. obviously it didn't go anywhere good, cause i have nothing to show for it.
15. what did you get really, really, really excited about?
jay nash came to logan, utah. that was a big deal. a real big deal. and i was beyond excited about it.
16. what song will always remind you of 2009?
there are three: sweet talkin' liar by jay nash. true story by tony lucca. sex and reruns by matt duke. (that was easy.)
17. compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
much, much happier.
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
18. what do you wish you’d done more of?
spent more time outside. in nature. in the mountains.
19. what do you wish you’d done less of?
i wish i would have not wasted time away like i did. and i wish i wouldn't have procrastinated so much.
20. how did you spend Christmas in 2009?
working. work-work-working. gotta love it...for the third year in a row. yay.
21. did you fall in love in 2009?
just with some amazing music and musicians. but that's okay. i'm okay with that. i wasn't ready for "real" love.
22. what was your favorite TV program?
there are far too many to list, but top five were the office, lost, friday night lights, burn notice and so you think you can dance.
23. what did you do for your birthday in 2009?
to be totally and completely honest, i don't remember. i may have worked. yay work!
24. what was the best book you read?
tweak. it opened my eyes to the reality of drug use and abuse. i mean, i do see it on a regular basis, but sometimes i get jaded.
25. what did you want and get?
i can't really think of anything that i wanted...i feel like my expectations of 2009 were really low, so i didn't get too much out of 2009. interesting concept to consider. maybe i need to amp up my 2010.
26. what did you want and not get?
peace in my heart.
27. what was your favorite film of this year?
(500) days of summer. and the hangover.
28. did you make some new friends this year?
yes, yes i did.
29. what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
to have found the peace that i feel like i desperately need, apparently.
30. how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
hahaha. that counts as a description, right?
31. what kept you sane?
my family and my work.
32. which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
oh wow. i fancied a lot of independent musicians. a lot of them.
33. what political issue stirred you the most?
oh geez. all of them.
34. who did you miss?
35. tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
i don't know that i learned one specific thing. i know there were many small lessons learned. and i used some life lessons i had learned in the past to help me get through some other things. i mean, let's be honest people...my 2009 wasn't that exciting and/or great. really, it wasn't even quite mediocre. it verged on suck. and that sucks. oh, oh, oh...here's the lesson i learned...i learned that i can expect more of my life. 2010 is going to be so much better, man.