1.27.2011

some songs: day one.

i found this fun little challenge and so i'm going to do it...because i love music. and a challenge. and i love when other people tell me what to blog about. so there.

day one: your favorite song.

this is always a hard question for me to answer because i have lots and lots of favorite songs. i have favorite songs for different moods and seasons and reasons. but if i had to choose just one song to listen to for the rest of my life, i would choose james taylor's carolina in my mind.



i've written about this song here and here.

but in case you don't have time to make the jump, i love this song because it is the biggest memory trigger for me. it reminds me of boston in the fall. but it has morphed into so much more than that for me and now i have memories of sitting in a portland arena with my baby sister listening to and watching james taylor and carole king sing this live. don't worry, there were tears shed. i can't tell you exactly what it is about this particular song, but i love love love it.

what is your favorite song?
do you have just one?
or are you like me and have mulitple?


that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment