4.14.2012

i'm alive.

so, here is the deal-io folks...it's been an incredibly interesting, draining, entertaining and productive few weeks. there have been some work incidents that i hope and pray will never happen again...to me or to anyone. i've had some good times with the family and the friends. i've also had some time to consider and reconsider my "dreams." that being said...here is a random list of stuff i have been thinking about...and to be honest, this list has nothing to do with anything i have previously stated...but enjoy the list all the same.

one. i have been enjoying cold cereal lately. specifically, i enjoy a good bowl of lucky charms. it's almost like a treat instead of breakfast. and i noticed the other day that i prefer to eat my cold cereal with a big spoon and not a regular size spoon. i'm sure you are wondering why i would even notice this...let me tell you. many years ago when my brother-in-law, brennan, was dating my sister he used to come over and have ice cream at our house, among other things. and brennan always preferred to eat his ice cream with a big spoon and not a little spoon. and this was annoying to me because my mom would then only get out big spoons and i would have to get my own little spoon. and before brennan, we were strictly a little spoon family. and clearly this was something that i should have been fretting about...anyway...i never thought i would like to use a big spoon for anything except for serving vegetables...but, alas, the big spoon has found a place in my heart. big spoons and lucky charms forever. i guess we have bren to thank...quite a living legend.

two. i already have plans to attend two concerts this summer. first, the head and the heart are coming to slc with the shins. and the avett brothers are playing at the gallivan center again...let's pray for no rain this year. these shows are literally months away. and i'm super-duper stoked about both of them. and i am hoping-slash-trying to talk a co-worker/friend into going to another one...grace potter and the nocturnals. bring on concert season. i have taken a break, but i am so ready to get out there again...and if anyone knows of any great shows, you go ahead and give me a holler...i'm always up for a show.

three. i removed my winter blanket menagerie from my bed this past week. i would much rather be cold in the winter than hot so i rarely, if ever, turn my heat on in my tiny, south facing apartment. but because it did get a little chilly at night, i compensated with a plethora of blankets. and socks and sweatshirts. but mostly the blankets did the trick. and i saved a lot of money on my bills this winter, so there. summer is a whole different story, though...a/c is our friend.

four. i'm so over anything related to the presidential election that sometimes i can't even watch the news. i want it to be over already. i know as we get closer to the actual election, i will be more interested but right now it is just too much for my feeble mind. jk. you know my mind is not feeble...i'm just bored with it all.

five. in the past two weeks, i have been involved in three major incidents at work. all of them were very serious and two required actual medical assistance...like ambulances and trips to the emergency room. and the most recent incident happened last night. i decided this morning that i need to take a vacation. clearly, my being at work is not helping. i mean, i am not causing these incidents...but i seem to be a common denominator. it is so obnoxious and annoying, but it sure does bring to life what my job really does entail and it gives me opportunity to practice my skills in a way that no training could prepare me for. and yes, just in case you were wondering, all of these incidents ended with good outcomes...nothing tragic (knock on wood).

six. i decided that i need to move into a bigger apartment. not because a one bedroom is small...but because i just don't have enough room for my crafts and to actually craft. i know...it definitely is reason to move. but seriously, i would love a craft room. and, yes, it could double as a guest room. which is probably why i should really move...more room to have visitors...but the tight quarters can be managed...we tested it last week when my sister and her three kids spent the night. it worked out just fine.

seven. finally...my dream to become a love and logic facilitator has to be put on hold. i am so grateful to the many of you that donated to the cause to help me out. i love that you supported me in this effort and that you wanted to learn about love and logic. i found out today that the seminar that i was going to register for...the one being held in may...well, it is full. that means that i have to wait until october to attend the seminar. i'm okay with this because i can redefine my dream/plan and i can make it better and greater and more successful. in the mean time, i would still love to teach any of you that want to learn what i know about love and logic. even though i haven't been to the training, i can still answer questions and help you problem solve your own personal situations, whatever they may be. also, to those that did donate...refunds are on their way or should have already arrived. again, thanks so much for you willingness to support me and my cause. love you all so very much...and plan on learning what i learn come october. thanks again.

what's new with you?
any random spoon issues at your house?


that's all.

2 comments:

  1. Your spoon comment made me laugh. When I first got married Justin and I had a spoon thing. He is a big spoon man for everything and I thought they should be reserved for soup and serving. Totally threw me for a loop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm with you on this...but i have added cereal to the list of appropriate big spoon usages. how are you, btw?

      Delete