9.05.2010

some shtuff.

my computer konked out on me about a week ago and so i feel like i am floating in space/neverland where i am not connected to anything. it is strange how much i rely on the internet to connect with friends and family and the world. thankfully, i have internet access at my work, so i'm not too lost. and my cell phone comes in handy every now and again. i'm hoping that the computer's problem is an "easy" fix and that my dear uncle kippy will be my hero and fix it. (here's to hoping...please, let us all pray together.)

i'm super excited that fall is almost here. i do love fall more than any other season. and while i am sad that i wasn't able to fully realize the goals i had set for summer, the coming of fall is a good consolation prize. i'll set the same goals for next summer and we will see how it all goes. maybe one of these years my summer goals will come to fruition.

my niece, lillie, turns three this week. she is having a rainbow birthday party. i'm pretty excited for her. i called their house to talk to my sister and i ended up talking to lillie. she asked me if i was coming to her rainbow party. oh, heck yes i'll be there. trust me, it's gonna be awesome.

i called to make sure my uncle could still fix my computer and my aunt invited us to a bbq at their house. i'm pretty excited. it will be my first visit to a home they have lived in for several years. i'm a terrible niece, apparently. plus i love my aunt and uncle. they were my favorite growing up. probably because they babysat us often and i got to spend time with them when they were living in my grandparent's basement. i'm pretty excited for an end-of-summer-labor-day-lake-winnamucca-bbq (don't ask).

i'm going back to school. i thought that maybe at some point, going back to school would come up, but i didn't think it would be this quickly. but, i'm pretty excited for it. i'm going to go back to get my masters in guidance counseling. mostly, i'm pretty super psyched about being able to work a job with a "school schedule"...ya know, with weekends and holidays off. that is a ways down the line, but the fact that it is a possibility makes my heart skip. i'm going to be taking some pre-reqs and then applying in the spring. the grad program doesn't start until next fall...too bad i didn't think about it a year ago...then i'd already be started. i have to thank some of my co-workers for lighting a fire under my butt...i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have actually followed through with this plan without their push.

the new apartment is growing on me. i mean, it's still small and sometimes i find myself thinking that i live in the ghetto, but it's my space and i can come and go as i please and i don't have to mow lawns and worry about watering the grass and all that junk. and i really like that i have full access to a kitchen again.

anyway, that's some shtuff.
enjoy.

that's all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chelle...I always like hearing about your shtuff. I miss you and can't wait to see you in about 11 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete