8.29.2008

i have a confession.

i swore to myself that i was never going to read the twilight books. there are several reasons why, but here are my top three. for starters, they are books about teenagers--not usually a deterrent, but i'm selective about the teen books i choose to read.

secondly, they are about vampires and werewolves. i'm so not into anything about vampires at all. i mean at all, at all. this alone was reason enough to not read these books.

but the biggest reason i was never going to read them is because everyone else was reading them. the hype of it all was so cheesy. people choosing edward over jacob and all that jazz. i mean, they are fictional characters in young adult novels. i just thought it was too much. (btw...team jacob all the way, probably due to my aversion to all things vampire.)

but then something horrible happened and i got suckered into reading the books. and something even more horrible happened...i really, really liked them. seriously. and to be honest, i'm a little embarrassed to be admitting this to the blogosphere. but there it is, i have been reading the twilight books and i like them.

i only have breaking dawn left to read...and then i can be done with them forever and ever.

well, until the movies come out.

man, i hate that sometimes i am such a follower.

4 comments:

  1. it's okay to admit your weaknesses on the interweb. you held out for about a year longer than i did, so kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! I have yet to read books 2,3, and 4. I don't think I will either. Just to be a brat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA! I can echo this post. I got sucked in last month. That is all I did during August. Let's chat after Breaking Dawn. I want to know how you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to hear another Team Jacob, I thought I was alone in this!

    ReplyDelete